Talkdesk Omnichannel checks all the messages from both customers and agents for inappropriate words. If an agent tries to send a blocklisted word, Talkdesk Omnichannel will block the message from reaching the customer. Any messages typed containing a blocklisted word will show the agent a warning message and won’t send the response to the customer until that blocklisted word is removed.
If an incoming message from a customer includes blocklisted words, they will be replaced by a series of asterisks (*) for agents.
Talkdesk Omnichannel can also be configured to automatically escalate to a designated manager when an agent tries to send a blocklisted word.
By following the steps listed below, Talkdesk Omnichannel can also be configured to automatically escalate to a designated manager when an agent tries to send a blocklisted word.
- Select the desired team  in the Customer Care Console*.
- Click on Settings .
- Under “Manage", select Blocklists .
*NOTE: Keep in mind that Blocklists are different for each team. Always use this field to choose the team whose Blocklist you wish to edit, prior to taking any further actions.
Talkdesk Omnichannel provides an extensive list of default blocklisted words and Unicode characters that covers all the widely used terms that are inappropriate for business. These terms cannot be deleted, but they can be enabled or disabled.
To disable or enable a default blocklisted word:
- Search for the blocklisted word in the search field .
- Select the word .
- Use the appropriate arrow to move the word into the opposite list .
A confirmation message is displayed if the transition is successful.
Adding words or characters to the Blocklist is useful because Talkdesk Omnichannel might not include some obscure profanities or swear words from other languages. While configuring blocklisted words, you will also be able to use the following special characters $, @, #, %, /, *, ! in addition to the existing characters.
To add a blocklisted word or character:
- Type the custom word or character in the text box .
- Hit Add Word .
NOTE: The word(s) is/are displayed in the text box below , and a confirmation message should appear.
To enable escalation to a Team Manager when an agent uses a blocklisted word:
- Check the box titled Escalations .
- Enter the various email addresses (separated by a comma) that will be notified if blocklisted words/terms are used by agents in chats.
- If necessary, check the box under the text field to enable agents to unmask blocklisted words used by customers .
- Click on Save Changes .
Updated 6 months ago